Friday, December 5, 2008

Year Round Lodging


The 2008 Summer and Fall Season in Camden Maine was excellent. The weather was great and the hiking, swimming, sightseeing were perfect. Every summer the guests of the Camden Windward House Bed and breakfast ask if the Inn is open year round. The Inn is open year round, but people are confused as to what would bring people to Maine in the Winter. I asked myself this when I bought the Inn and to tell you the truth, 3 years ago couldn't figure it out. Now that we have been here for awhile, I know what the locals enjoy and can't understand why more people do not come to Maine in the Winter. It is a fun state in the winter. Camden Maine has a ski lodge that is perfect for families, priced right and the mountain is high enough to actually get a good day of skiing in. The crowds are minimal and the fine dining restaurants are open year round. It is like a hidden jewel in the winter. I personally enjoy ice skating. The Mid Coast Recreation center has open skate on the weekends. $4.00 for 2 hours of skating and great music. When I feel like ruffing it a little, or getting a little more scenery than the Skating Center offers, I go up to Lake Megunticook and shovel of the snow and make my own ice skating rink. This is really fun. You see the Ice fisherman and the cliffs covered in ice and snow. I will try to post a picture of it this winter. I posted a picture of an Ice Goose today because I think it captures the beauty of Winter in Camden Maine. The Winter fest is another asset to Camden in the Winter. January 31st 2009 the 7th annual community celebration of winter will happen at the Camden Public Library. The Camden Windward House Bed and Breakfast is across the street from the Library and a great place to start an Ice weekend. Well, we are open year round-Please come and enjoy Camden Maine in the Winter, you will not be disappointed.
Labels: Winter Fun and Maine year round lodging
Link: http://www.windwardhouse.com/

No comments: