Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring Is Coming

The snow is starting to melt here in Camden Maine. The birds are starting to come out and the sun is rising a lot earlier. Camden Maine is almost the eastern most point of the US and the sun comes up very early. Here at the Inn, we are preparing for another busy summer. We purchased new washers and dryers (LG), put new floors into some of the bathrooms and painted some walls. But much more is needed before you can host over 1,900 people for the summer. Basically a strategic plan is needed to make all go well. Jesse and I have owned the Inn now for 3 years and just starting to understand how this place works. We are evaluating our vendors, considering going "green" for the summer and updating our website so that our guests can use it as a useful tool in planning their trip to Camden.
One of the things that I very excited about to be able to offer our guests this season is an upgrade on our sheets. We have always had nice sheets on beds but now we have upgraded some of our sheets to 500 thread count. I was reading a trip advisor posting about our Inn and they labeled it "I think they iron their sheets". She is right we do iron the sheets. Does anyone do that at home? In fact I complain to the other Innkeepers about how much time we spend ironing sheets - and most just laugh at me and say "you do what? I just hand iron them when they come out of the dryer". Which might be ok for some, but to have a nice ironed sheet is luxury. I can't really complain about the ironing because my husband actually does the ironing. He plugs in his computer, puts a movie in - in front of him, and watches while he irons. He also sometimes puts in a book on CD to help get him through this tedious task. He never complains, I think he finds it meditative. Hope all of you are starting to enjoy the thaw. Get those chores done!

No comments: